Thursday, October 21, 2010

What dreams are made of. (I'm SO JELLY)

Great Dreams are made of Daft Punk and other people doing stuff together. Wet dreams are daft punk doing shit by themselves, this is why I've got my fingers crossed for a new album before I am too old to consume the amount of drugs that would be ideal for their N. American tour. That however, is really neither here nor there.
So lets set the stage here:
Phoenix played a show at Madison Square Garden last night. Now I like Phoenix, a lot. I always wondered how their first few albums flew under my radar, because its a sound that is as fresh now as it was a decade ago, and I was into that kind of music enough to appreciate by, oh lets say, 05 (OH FIVE OH FIVE).

I am getting off topic, so phoenix played a show at MSG, and who should show up for the encore but my favorite two french men/robots! At this point I would literally be sobbing like those teenage girls you see in old black and white footage of Beatles concerts. Daft punk performed Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and switched over to around The World towards the end of this video. Phoenix played 1901 with Daft Punk doing some back up...awesomeness. Anyways, just another thing I would have punched ANY ONE OF YOU in the face to go see (gladly).



This is when they start


This is the same thing, but doesnt go as far, beter quality though


the first one overlaps a bit with this

but this follows it all the way through phoenix doing 1901 and has pretty damn good audio for what I am assuming is a digital camera or an iphone. In other words IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH ONE OF THESE IT MIGHT NEED TO BE THIS ONE.

FINALLY

This is them rocking out together to the end, and finally, a group bow to the audience. Its weird to see live concert footage of them standing at the front of the stage so well lit.


It really seems like there was a lot of musical respect going on there. They both play backup for the other, and there isnt any show stealing. Well...other than the unavoidable show stealing that Daft Punk being on stage creates.

Alright, well there you go!

Someday I will see them.

Someday.

-PbstByRbt

No comments:

Post a Comment