Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No updates in forever, fucking sick.

Well here you go, new tracks/albums to blast.



The new Brandon Flowers has been steady blastin in my super shitty headphones lately. Its got a real weird feel of new age Bruce Springsteen. Its very honest and upfront about being an album that, more than anything else, is about American people living lives in the nooks and cranny of what one could consider Real America. No city scapes or subway stops here, just good old fashioned sacred highways from Nogales to Magdalena. Its good, I hope you take the time to listen and maybe enjoy it.

Download Full Album Here

NEXT:

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti- Bright Lit Blue Sky



Not too sure what to say about this, it's weird. Heard the track from a friend. Looked up the band and I liked what I heard. It's got a old surf rock vibe to it. With the full back up singers on the chorus. I might only be labeling it like that because the guitars have kind of a shreddy thing going. Anyways, I'm sure this will be sort of hit or miss for most everyone that listens, lemme know what you think.


Speaking of surf sounds...



BEST COAST! I would imagine these gals will be popping up all over the fucking place before too long, so I may as well associate myself with their music early to earn myself some hipster points. Try to imagine grunge rock originating not in Seattle, but in the sunny surf oriented culture of california. Lots of guitar feedback and reverb muddle an upbeat style of laid back surf rock. Picture Kobain as a girl, on a good day, eating a bowl of lucky charms. There ya go. Peep game, yo.

Download Best Coasts "Crazy For You"


I'll end this on a familiar note, I would imagine that anyone reading this, assuming anyone reads this, would have a solid idea about what Matt and Kim are about musically. Their new track hits hard just the ones from their previous album, but has a real swagger to it that certainly wasn't their in their previous work. I wont get into it to much, but I highly recommend you check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment