Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tracks for an afternoon on the day after tuesday

JUST SO YOU KNOW: You can downoad tracks that I post like the ones below by cliking the arrow that points down on the right side of the box they play in.
(I realized that might be worth mentioning to those of you that are beating your head against your keyboards because you want to put these songs on your ipod SO BAD but cant figure out how to download them. It's coo, I gotcha.

The War on Drugs's new track is enough to make the most dedicated city boy crave the country side, white horses, and a glass of watered down whiskey sloshing around in a dirtyglass/jug with three X's on it/leather boot.

Or it could just be me.
Comin' Through - The War On Drugs by musicmanners

I'm a little confused that it says Travis barker featuring the cool kids. Feels like it should be the other way around. Cool Kids come once again sounding harder than diamonds without rapping about shit to make themselves sound harder than diamonds. If you don't know them, peep the second track down, it goes hard. I showed this song to my boy Mundro back in the day, he will probably really appreciate me saying that.


Travis Barker - Jump Down (feat. The Cool Kids) by Insoportable Magazine
The Cool Kids - Black Mags by CarlitosLion

I don't know much about the music scene in Austrailia, I'm afraid I am guilty of making the assumption that every band down there has Russel Crowe's crazy ass it. Besides, who wants to listen to a bunch of descendants of rapists and killer whine about how they burned the "shrimp on their barby." Unnecessary stereotyping aside, this track from the Aussie duo Gypsy and the Cat is pretty dope, although, half the reason I am posting the original is because if you are like me, you don't want to listen to a remix of a song unless you know where it's coming from.


The Piper's Song by robbie fitz

Kind of a laid back passion pit sound, its nice. Anyway, the remix cuts into the original track with some real rainbow colored synth and light guitars. Makes me wanna go ride a Kangaroo.


Also I formally apologize to Fergus Brown, who is awesome, and very much an Austrailian. Even if he read this though, he would probably be too busy getting into your girlfriends pants to care.

The Piper's Song (Aeroplane Remix) by Thechickendonut

Let me inform you, in case you didn't know. I fucking love Lil Boosie. He transcends the few things I dont like about the genre of rap he belongs to.


"
Watch my back, hold my forty while I drive, when I fuck you with no rubber coz i love you deep inside, girl"

Yup.

No soundcloud link, but you can listen to and DL the track at
http://trapsntrunks.com/?p=17194

Saharan Gazelle Boy.

I know nothing about this band, and have nothing to say about them. This song is a banger joint though.



Thats all for right now. I'm compiling a big list of entire albums to post on here, I know its a lot of work to hear a song you like, and then have to go find the place to download it, and then download it. Especially if you suffer from GOTIS, also known as Girl On The Internet Syndrome.

No thanks needed ma'am, just doin my job.

Also Annie Hall is a hilarious film and I reccomend you go watch it.

and also Chinatown.

and also Rear Window.

-PBRobot

1 comment:

  1. Esko, check out this aussie rap group. Hilltop Hoods - The nosebleed section. Banger

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md3PjJAt1Q4

    ReplyDelete